Dear Children and Grandchildren,

I have enjoyed the Word of God more than I ever have since I am no longer preaching 3 or 4 times a week and am not pressed for time. Some times I find things I'd like to share with all of you, or some of you individually. With your mother's encouragement I'd like to start a "Bible Blog" and share some of my thoughts with you. Last night I told Joanna that I opened a can of "Pork and Beans" for supper, (your mother is in Arizona helping Becky while Adam recuperates from a serious operation) but I found no pork so I renamed it "Beans and Beans". With a hearty laugh she wondered if I had "looked under every bean?' I trust what I send you will have some "pork" but if you find it to be only "beans" just push the delete button.

Ps.119:168 "I have kept Thy precepts and Thy testimonies: for all my ways are before Thee," As you were growing up one of the things I was careful to emphasize in our daily devotions was that the time would come when you would no longer be under the eye of Mom and Dad but you would never be out of sight of God's eye. What an encouragement we find here to keep God's Word. "all my ways are before Thee,"

"Experience makes many a paradox plain, and this is one. Before God we may be clear of open fault and yet at the same time mourn over a thousand heart-wanderings which need his restoring hand."--C.H. Spurgeon

"I may hide Thee from my eye, but not myself from Thine eye."--Wm. Gurnall

Monday, May 7, 2018

IT NEVER ENTERED HIS MIND

Dear Children,
This morning as I was reading my Bible I came across something that the Lord said was an abomination committed by both Judah and Israel. “Something that never came into His mind.” Our Omniscient Father is speaking of an abomination that had never entered His mind! Since my IQ and my age hover around the same number it is hard for me to understand our Lord having an infinite understanding and still having something that has never entered His mind. Now I’m beginning to panic. It must be the fault of the translators—something in the translation I’m using? I began looking through my shelf full of translations. They all said the same thing so I got out my old 1611 KJV edition which I find difficult to read and it was verbatim like the others. Some words were spelled a bit differently, but the meaning was clearly the same. At last I thought of the ESV that is being used by most fundamental ministers according to a recent survey and it was the same—“nor did it enter into my mind, that they should do this abomination.” Now my kids will find this hard to believe, but I remembered a word from my college days at BJU— “anthropomorphic.” I think that means that our own Infinite Lord sometimes uses words about Himself in our own finite way so we could understand Him better. Since there are some besides my children on my mailing list, please, if you have a better interpretation, just smile. My children I’m not worried about. 

Now finally I get to why I’m writing this. We had two calls from our grandchildren last week. Both happily shared the good news that they were expecting babies in the fall. These will be numbers 4 and 5 greats to be added to the 38 non-greats. 

I knew Israel and Judah both had provoked the Lord to anger, but I had forgotten until I read Jeremiah 32:30-35 that they had set their abominations in the house called by God’s name and defiled it by casting their sons and daughters into the fire unto “Molech.” It never entered God’s mind they would do this abomination. What about the abomination of abortion where they cut healthy children up while they are still alive and breathing in order to sacrifice them to their own “Molech” to cover up their sin? Democrats and Republicans, like Judah and Israel, both pay dearly for this abomination. Regardless what you may have heard, the recent budget passed by the Republicans and Democrats this year and signed by the President of United States still contained 500 million dollars for the abortion machine called Planned Parenthood. Day after day thousands more are murdered while still in the womb in the United States of America. 

Blessing on all who are in Christ,

Great Grandpa

No comments: