Dear Children and Grandchildren,

I have enjoyed the Word of God more than I ever have since I am no longer preaching 3 or 4 times a week and am not pressed for time. Some times I find things I'd like to share with all of you, or some of you individually. With your mother's encouragement I'd like to start a "Bible Blog" and share some of my thoughts with you. Last night I told Joanna that I opened a can of "Pork and Beans" for supper, (your mother is in Arizona helping Becky while Adam recuperates from a serious operation) but I found no pork so I renamed it "Beans and Beans". With a hearty laugh she wondered if I had "looked under every bean?' I trust what I send you will have some "pork" but if you find it to be only "beans" just push the delete button.

Ps.119:168 "I have kept Thy precepts and Thy testimonies: for all my ways are before Thee," As you were growing up one of the things I was careful to emphasize in our daily devotions was that the time would come when you would no longer be under the eye of Mom and Dad but you would never be out of sight of God's eye. What an encouragement we find here to keep God's Word. "all my ways are before Thee,"

"Experience makes many a paradox plain, and this is one. Before God we may be clear of open fault and yet at the same time mourn over a thousand heart-wanderings which need his restoring hand."--C.H. Spurgeon

"I may hide Thee from my eye, but not myself from Thine eye."--Wm. Gurnall

Sunday, July 1, 2018

A LONELY BURIAL


 One morning a call came from the local mortician.
He said he had received a body from a physician.

Would I conduct a burial service for a lady no one knew?
Her body would be in a wooden coffin nailed shut from view.

He would have it carried to the cemetery and placed by the grave.
She had died alone with no one to save.

She was homeless without a name, just a body with no one to care.
She died penniless so there would be no fare.

“Of course, I will do it” I said to the man, 
I will give her a burial the best way I can.”

I took my 3 daughters with me who sang,
            “Rock of Ages Cleft for Me, 
            Let Me Hide Myself in Thee.” 

I read from my Bible John 11:25 
And said that this woman may still be alive! 

When we took our leave, 
—there was no one to grieve, 

But I heard a sound
—a man had had been watching near the mound. 

A husband? A friend? We will never know 
While we are still living here below.


Ron Blough/a true experience

No comments: