Dear Children and Grandchildren,

I have enjoyed the Word of God more than I ever have since I am no longer preaching 3 or 4 times a week and am not pressed for time. Some times I find things I'd like to share with all of you, or some of you individually. With your mother's encouragement I'd like to start a "Bible Blog" and share some of my thoughts with you. Last night I told Joanna that I opened a can of "Pork and Beans" for supper, (your mother is in Arizona helping Becky while Adam recuperates from a serious operation) but I found no pork so I renamed it "Beans and Beans". With a hearty laugh she wondered if I had "looked under every bean?' I trust what I send you will have some "pork" but if you find it to be only "beans" just push the delete button.

Ps.119:168 "I have kept Thy precepts and Thy testimonies: for all my ways are before Thee," As you were growing up one of the things I was careful to emphasize in our daily devotions was that the time would come when you would no longer be under the eye of Mom and Dad but you would never be out of sight of God's eye. What an encouragement we find here to keep God's Word. "all my ways are before Thee,"

"Experience makes many a paradox plain, and this is one. Before God we may be clear of open fault and yet at the same time mourn over a thousand heart-wanderings which need his restoring hand."--C.H. Spurgeon

"I may hide Thee from my eye, but not myself from Thine eye."--Wm. Gurnall

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Oh that men would praise the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!" Ps 107: 8, 15, 21, 31

Good evening family. I enjoyed Psalm 107 today and would like share some of the blessing with you.

Four times we have the same verse recorded in response to what the Lord has done when He hears their cry.

1. They found no city to dwell in and they were hungry and thirsty until their soul fainted within them. "Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them out of their distresses" vv. 4-8.

2. They rebelled against the words of God and condemned His counsel. Therefore He brought down their heart with labor; they fell down and their was none to help. "Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and He save them out of their distresses" vv. 11-14.

3. They drew near to the gates of death to the point where they no longer desired food. "Then they cry unto the lord in their trouble and He saveth them out of their distresses" vv. 18-20.

4. They get into such trouble as they do business in "great waters" when they “go down to the sea in ships," that they are at their "wit's end." "Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and He bringeth them out of their distresses" vv. 23-30.

Four times in trouble, four times they cry out to the Lord for help. Four times He hears their prayer and deliverers them. Perhaps you haven't experienced any of these kinds of troubles yet, but you will! When you do, don't forget how the Psalmist responded as recorded four times! As we look at the condition of our nation all of these troubles could come in your lifetime. Love, Dad and GP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.