Dear Children and Grandchildren,

I have enjoyed the Word of God more than I ever have since I am no longer preaching 3 or 4 times a week and am not pressed for time. Some times I find things I'd like to share with all of you, or some of you individually. With your mother's encouragement I'd like to start a "Bible Blog" and share some of my thoughts with you. Last night I told Joanna that I opened a can of "Pork and Beans" for supper, (your mother is in Arizona helping Becky while Adam recuperates from a serious operation) but I found no pork so I renamed it "Beans and Beans". With a hearty laugh she wondered if I had "looked under every bean?' I trust what I send you will have some "pork" but if you find it to be only "beans" just push the delete button.

Ps.119:168 "I have kept Thy precepts and Thy testimonies: for all my ways are before Thee," As you were growing up one of the things I was careful to emphasize in our daily devotions was that the time would come when you would no longer be under the eye of Mom and Dad but you would never be out of sight of God's eye. What an encouragement we find here to keep God's Word. "all my ways are before Thee,"

"Experience makes many a paradox plain, and this is one. Before God we may be clear of open fault and yet at the same time mourn over a thousand heart-wanderings which need his restoring hand."--C.H. Spurgeon

"I may hide Thee from my eye, but not myself from Thine eye."--Wm. Gurnall

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tuesday's election in the light of Daniel 7 and Acts 4

Dear Family,

"They lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, 'Lord Thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and sea, and all that in them is: Who by the mouth of Thy servant David hast said, 'WHY DID THE HEATHEN RAGE, AND THE PEOPLE IMAGINE VAIN THINGS? THE KINGS OF THE EARTH STOOD UP, AND THE RULERS WERE GATHERED TOGETHER AGAINST THE LORD, AND AGAINST HIS CHRIST.' ....For to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy counsel determined before to be done. and now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto Thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak Thy word."

Were you disappointed in the election results? When I watched the news with the heathen raging and the people imagining vain things, the kings standing up and the rulers gathering together from all over the world to praise one who was speaking great words against the most High and wearing out the saints of the most High, and thinking to change times and laws.(Daniel 7:25) I rejoiced in the promise in verse 27, "The kingdom and dominion, and greatness of the kingdom under the whole of heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey Him. I just "happened" to be reading in Daniel for my O.T. devotional reading and in Acts in the N.T. on the same day I watched the masses worship the "messiah", and he, with a nod, acknowledging their homage. Jesus is coming! Perhaps soon! If there ever was a time to be ready it is today. If He should tarry, you, and your children will pay a terrible price if you stand true to Biblical principles. My great regret is I'll probably not be here to stand with you!

Grace be with all of you, Dad

PS I send a blog to my kids on a regular basis but I thought I'd add some of you on my tonight's list since I'm sure you are concerned about the state of our nation. Thank you who have been sending me your e mails leading up to the election. Obama is doing whatsoever the Lord and His counsel determined before to be done! "Every Knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord"!

No comments: